How to Drink Like A Man on Men's Day November 19
It’s International Men's Day. So we thought we’d give a few tips on how to drink like a real man. (Not that YOU are drinking like a non-man, but maybe you know a friend or two who just doesn’t quite have it down pat yet.) And we're talking a man with panache and style. Any macho man can drink like a caveman, but that's too easy and dare we say, boring.
Our 7 Tips on How To Drink Like A Man--in style:
- Drink like your granddad. (Not your grandmother) Granddad probably drank scotch. And straight up at that.
- Drink without sugary additions.
- Drink without a little umbrella perched on top skewered through an orange slice.
- Drink using a glass that says you are serious--with your initials on it preferably. (See some great choices here.)
- Drink whiskey, scotch, rum (you get the drift) that you have stored lovingly in a decanter. It’s just so much manlier and looks amazing on the bar in your mancave. A decanter of whiskey says, (in a very Charleton-Heston-like voice) "I am a man’s man, damn it all."
- Drink it with large round ice cubes. (We love this ice cube tray.)
- Drink beer as an alternative to the above. But get a good mug or glass that is suited for the beer you’re drinking. Beer gets better when you pour it--the color, taste and aroma all rise up to greatness. (Again, see here.)
Do you feel a bit better about how to approach Men’s Day? Lastly ALWAYS have this manly toast on hand: