Everyone loves a good margarita made with fresh ingredients and none of that way to sweet, pre-made mix crap. This recipe is simple and on the 'skinny' healthier side too. It uses minimal amounts of sugar and replaces Triple Sec with fresh squeezed orange juice. Impress your friends with this simple and delicious recipe on Margarita Monday or Taco Tuesday!
Skinny Margarita Recipe Ingredients & Instructions
- 2 ounces silver tequila - we used José Cuervo Especial Blue Agave
- 1 ½ ounces fresh lime juice (about 1 ½ small limes)
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice (about ½ of a medium orange)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1 lime wedge or round, for garnish
- Coarsely ground sea salt (optional)
Step One: Begin by slicing the orange and two limes in half. Save one half of a lime for cutting into wedges.
Step Two: Squeeze half an orange and 1 to 1 ½ limes into a cocktail shaker or mixing glass with ice (optional).
Step Three: Depending on how strong you like your margaritas, add 1 ½ to 2 ounces tequila and ½ oz to 1 oz agave nectar or simple syrup into same cocktail shaker.
Step Four: Shake well to combine ingredients in cocktail shaker.
Step Five: Rub a fresh cut lime wedge on rim of margarita glass, then dip and rotate the glass in the coarse salt.
Step Six: Pour over ice in our Five O'Clocktail Glass and enjoy!
Ba na bada ba ba, dun dun dun dun... TE-TEQUILA!