Summer is all about enjoying a drink on the patio (or lanai if you’re fancy). We checked in with all three of our experts to find out what their favorite summer drinks are.
Ben. This is my go-to summer drink for chilling at the lake. I usually mix up a batch in an extra large lemonade dispenser or even a nice clean cooler – anything with a handy spout. It’s super easy to make and perfect for sharing with friends.
Ben’s Summer Beer
- Add 3 bottles of a wheat beer – I prefer Blue Moon
- Start with a pitcher of your favorite lemonade mix made with Pellegrino sparkling water
- Add 1 cup of chilled vodka
Eva. When it comes to summer drinks, I like to go old-school with a classic cocktail. A Tequila Sunrise pairs perfectly with long summer nights – it’s a little sweet, with more of a kick than you may think. Plus, it makes you look like a pro, even though it’s a simple recipe.
Summery Tequila Sunrise
- 4 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1⁄2 oz. grenadine
- Orange slice for garnish (most people add maraschino cherries, too, but I think it makes it look like a kiddie cocktail.)
Philip. Mimosas make a stylish start to long summer days. To help ward off the heat, I like to change things up a bit by using something cool and creamy instead of the traditional orange juice – orange sherbet. It’s fun and unexpected – just like the best summer parties.
Summery Sherbet Mimosa
- Add 1 scoop of orange sherbet to Champagne flute.
- Fill glass with dry sparkling wine or Champagne - nothing too sweet. I recommend a dry Prosecco, which is an Italian white wine – look for the spumante or frizzante variety.
- Garnish with fresh orange slice.